The Springfield’s Tourism Promotion Program’s focus is to attract visitors to Springfield through the Experience Springfield marketing campaign and Experience Springfield Website.
Springfield’s tourism program awards Special Events Grants for special events, sports tournaments, and festivals— publicly and privately sponsored.
The current year’s grant recipients in sequential order by 2018 date are:
- SecondStory Repertory Live Theater – Jan-Aug
- Springfield Arts Festival (VALA): July 13-15
- Nike Crossfire Challenge: July 13-19; July 19-23
- Springfield Running Festival: August 10-11
- Flag Football Frenzy: August 25-26
- Labor Day Half Marathon: Sept 3
- Sounders FC Rave Green Run: Date TBD
- Springfield Fashion Week: October
Funding for this program is made possible through revenues Springfield collects from a one percent (1%) lodging tax on the rental of hotel rooms in Springfield.