City of Springfield utilities cover water, sewer, and storm drains. Bills are sent the last week of every month and are due on the 20th of the following month (e.g., the bills sent at the end of the month in November are due December 20th). Residential monthly bills typically total $120 to $140 per month (costs vary due to water consumption). View latest utility rate schedule.
Paying your City of Springfield bill:
There are a few different ways to pay your City of Springfield utility bill:
- In person: You can pay by cash, check or debit/credit (no American Express) at City Hall during normal business hours.
- By mail or Drop box: You can use the provided envelope to mail your check/money order payment to the City. There is also a drop box outside City Hall for after hours. It is to the left of our front door. Please do not mail or put cash in the drop box.
- ACH (auto withdraw): You may set up ACH payments by filling out the ACH form and submitting it with a voided check from the account you wish to have the funds withdrawn from. ACH is withdrawn every month on the 20th unless it falls on a weekend or holiday in which case it is withdrawn on the following business day. You will still get a statement every month. View the ACH brochure for more information.
- Merchant Transact: You can view and pay your utility bill with a credit card using Merchant Transact. You can also sign up to receive your bill via email through this system.
- Official Payments: You can pay your bill over the phone or online using your credit card with Official Payments. Their phone number is 1-800-272-9829. They will ask for a Jurisdiction Code which is 5628. Please note you must use all of the numbers of your account number, including preceding and following zeros. Official Payments charges a convenience fee. The City does not receive any portion of this fee.
Garbage & Recycling
Garbage and recycling is mandatory in the City of Springfield. Yardwaste recycling is optional. For information about Springfield’s garbage service, please contact Waste Management at 123-456-7890.
Other Utility Services Contact
|Cable TV||WAVE Broadband||123-456-7888|
|Electricity / Gas||Puget Sound Energy||123-456-8777|